As I mentioned in the previous post, I was attending a photography conference. Last night was the final night. I seriously came home with a headful. To be honest, it wasn’t really what happened in the conference as much as my re-telling of it to David, that helped me re-connect with my vision for photography. I love it. Plain and simple.
So my TOP TEN highlights of the past 3 days:
1. The information re-clarified my passion. Things I all too easy forget where brought to light. Seeing what I want, and don’t want, with complete clarity.
2. My very FIRST skytrain ride. Yes, I’m lame.
3. Meeting Jasmine Star. I love her work, and she’s hilarious. Seriously.
4. Seeing the amazing underwater work of Dale Sanders. This guy swam with sharks!
5. Stepping out of my comfort zone. Initiating conversation with complete strangers. Intimidating, because I haven’t had to do that for, well, a while anyway.
6. Learning about other photographers. As in other local(ish) photographers. It was cool to just be around people who do what I do – most of whom do it better. VERY good experience.
7. Garlic MASHED POTATOES! Oh the garlicky and creme cheesy goodness – wowzers!
8. Being reminded of how VALUABLE my TIME is! I really forget that sometimes.
9. Hanging out downtown and snapping pics.
10. Starbucks’ free pastry promo! Maple scone. It was a nice surprise.